Today I thought I’d do something a little different, the book tag. Now I saw The Honest Book Club do this and it looked like a lot of fun so here’s my attempt.
1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
I’d invite Sarah J Maas because I’d absolutely love to meet her and get her to bring Celaena Sardothien. Celaena is my favourite fictional character and I really wish she was real, (but then I’d also love to meet Chaol from TOG and Tamlin from ACOTAR- So many fictional characters to meet!). I’d probably serve them something really fancy in an attempt to impress, though I burnt soup the other day so that might be a problem.
2. What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
Well there are going to be sequels for all of Sarah’s books so I’ll choose a different author. I’d love a sequel to Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson or Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
3. Which characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a cute couple?
I think Cather from Fangirl and Dorian from Throne of Glass would make a cute couple because Dorian possesses magic and is kind and thoughtful. Cath likes to write fanfiction so would be amazed at Dorian’s powers, she’s also quite shy and friendly so I think they’d get on well.
4. If you ran into your favourite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them, who is and what would it be?
It’s be Sarah J Maas, obviously! I’d probably be so starstruck I wouldn’t be able to speak but for the purpose of this question I’d say “You can work magic” and then fangirl a bit.
5. What book made you a reader and why?
I think Divergent was the first book I read in a day, so I’d probably say that!
6. Your bookshelf just caught fire! Show us the one book you save.
This is nearly impossible! I don’t even have a kindle so all my precious books would be gone! I’d have to choose my huge hardback book of all the Sherlock Holmes stories though. That book is my pride and joy and I’ve never seen it on sale. I found it on a car boot sale!
7. Which dystopian world would you live in if you had to choose one? Why?
I’d live in Prythian. There’s a helluva lot of bad stuff going on there but it’s still beautiful and I’d hopefully get to meet Tamlin, Feyre and Lucien.
8. What is your most epic read of all time?
I have to say my favourite thing I’ve ever read has to be The Speckled Band by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! That’s the story that got me liking Sherlock Holmes.
9. Tag people.
I don’t know who to tag, so if you’d like to do it then feel free. Tell me what you thought of my answers in the comments and what you’d have answered differently.
Also, if there’s anyone interested in posting to this blog, like as a weekly thing on a wednesday or something let me know in the comments. I don’t get much time at the minute and it’d be nice to know that there would be more posts going up!
Song of the day : Voodoo Child – Rogue Traders
That’s all, see you soon